Summer reaches its highest point in temperatures. But summer also has its own perks. Everyone awaits the King of fruits to enjoy its juicy taste during summer. It is the season of fleshy and juicy Mangoes. Apart from its amazing taste and sweetness, mangoes are also a great source of nutrients.
- Mango fruit is rich in pre-biotic dietary fiber, vitamins, minerals, and has antioxidant compounds. It is beneficial for digestion too. According to a new research, mangoes have been found to protect against colon, breast and prostate cancers.
- Fresh mango is a rich source of potassium, which is an important component of cell and body fluids that helps to control heart rate and blood pressure.
- Mango helps to clear clogged pores that cause acne. Just slice a mango into thin pieces and keep them on your face for 10 to 15 minutes and then take bath or wash your face and see the results.
- It’s a known fact that mangoes are rich in Iron. People who suffer from anaemia can take mangoes regularly along with their dinner. It is especially good for women after menopause.
- High level of soluble dietary fiber, Pectin and Vitamin C present in mangoes helps to lower serum cholesterol levels.
- A recent study shows that not only the flesh of a mango but the leaves can fight diabetes.
Health tip: Before going to bed put some 10 or 15 mango leaves in warm water and close it with lid. The next day morning filter the water and drink it in empty stomach. Do this regularly.