Summer is still raging and, as everyone keeps telling you, you must keep yourself replenished with juices and liquids. But why not choose fruit that are not only delicious but will also cool you down. Yes “Jamun”! Infect jamun is the great gift of summer there is no doubt that Jamun is one of the most adored fruit in Pakistan & india. For me jamun & Manoges make my summer remarkable every year.
Here we are with some specific uses of jamun for medicinal with some precaution.
Some Specific Uses of Jamun for Healing
- Eat jamun daily.
- Boil 250 gms of the fruit in 500 ml water till they are soft. When cool crush the fruit in the water. Strain and drink 3 times daily.
- Mix 1/2 tsp powdered seeds with 1 tsp honey once daily in the evening.
BED WETTING IN CHILDREN
Give 1 tsp ground seeds to the child with water.
Take 2 leaves (they should neither be tender nor too thick). Grind them, add a little rock salt and make a pill. Take a pill each in the morning and evening.
It relieves immediately.
DENTAL & GUM INFECTIONS
Mix ash of jamun leaves and ash of almond shells. Add a little peppermint to make an excellent tooth powder which not only cleans teeth but stops bleeding and relieves gum infections.
Rub ash of leaves on the teeth and gums. It stops bleeding and makes the teeth strong.
If you suffer from pyorrhea wash the mouth with a mouthful of jamun juice.
Diluted juice when applied on the ringworm affected area cures it.
The powdered seeds give relief from this problem.
Boil 15-20 tender leaves in 400 ml water till it gets reduced to 100 ml. Cool and wash the eyes with this decoction.
Drink 10-15 ml juice for relief.
GAS & BLOATED STOMACH
Take 10 ml of jamun vinegar for relief in water.
Add a few pieces of mango & jamun to 500 ml water. Boil till the water reduces to 1/4 th. Cool and drink about 10 ml to stop vomiting.
Put 2-3 gms powdered bark on the wound for faster healing.
WHITE BURN MARKS
Make a paste of some leaves and apply on the spot.
Grind 2 leaves. Mix in water and drink for relief.
- Eat jamun after meals.
- In case of those having swelling on the body, women who have just delivered and those who suffer constant vomiting DO NOT consume it.
- Always sprinkle rock salt before consuming jamun.
- If you feel uneasy after eating jamun, drink buttermilk to which some salt has been added or eat dried ginger, amla.
- Over ripe friut can cause hyperacidity and gas tetention in the stomach. If this happens take 1/2 tsp roasted cumin powder with a pinch of black salt.
- DO NOT drink milk after eating jamun.
So let’s enjoy jamun now to make yourself healthy & active in all day summer.