Winter is the season where the kids & elder have to face Cold & Flu. It is fact that because of infection our body loses its natural resistant power. So it’s very important to keep our self Fit and Active. Generally A person has the habit of taking one apple or at least half apple & one banana in regular basis without fail but sometimes due to severe cold or sore throat hate or wont eat fruits. Fruits are most essential part of our daily diet which supplies all compulsory vitamins, minerals, calcium etc. So its very essential to take at least an apple & a banana daily. It’s very compulsory for the kids as well.
But the kids wont eat anything including fruits when they are affected by cold & flu even elders also. Normally some grand mom used to treat their children to chew the small ginger pieces to cure sore throat after ginger dipped in honey. Here I also use that formula to make a healthy and delicious fruit salad. Try this it’s really beneficial and scrumptious and you will feel refreshed n love to eat fruits even in sever cold. Strong ginger flavor open your nasal blocks also. So let’s try the following delicious fruit salad to be healthy and active in cold weather.
Here are the Ingredients:
- Mixed Fruits 1 and 1/2 cup (washed n diced)
- I used Apple (Honey crisps), Cucumber, Strawberries, and Pomegranate.
- Fruit seasoning 1/4 tsp (optional)
- Pepper Powder to taste (optional)
- Ginger 2″ large piece (crushed)
- Honey 2 tbsp
- Lime juice 1 tsp (fresh)
- Water 1 tbsp
Method to Prepare Fruit Salad
- Take a small bowl; add crushed ginger, honey, lime juice and water. Combine everything well and set aside for at least 30-40 minutes.I leave it for 1 hour.
- After that, again stir everything well and filter it using tea filter and keep the dressing ready.
- Then wash and cut fruits to desired shape and sizes.
- Take a bowl, add cut fruits and add the dressing and toss well.
- Trasnfer to a sald plate, sprinkle pepper powder n fruit seasoning.
It’s ready to serve. karachifoods.com has many others special salad that healthy and delicious as well.