Now you can make your deodorants at home. It may not look like the common deodorant stick, but it’s a better way. It’s toxin-free that you can make with all natural ingredients and requires nothing more out from your kitchen ingredients.
It may look like making a deodorant at home, which actually works, it’s super easy way and I hope you will like it.
- 1/3 cup corn starch
- 1/4 cup baking soda
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon Shea butter / Moisturizer or Lotion
- 10 drops peppermint oil
- 1 empty container
- Take a bowl and combine corn starch and baking soda. Add coconut oil and Shea butter to it and mix it well. Now, add a few drops of peppermint oil. Stir all of the ingredients together until well combined. You can use a hand blender, but a whisk or spoon will work well, too.
- The mixture will not exactly be solid like a deodorant stick, so pour the mixture into a small container. You can use any old jar for this purpose. Place the deodorant in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or until the mixture has solidified.
- As Chennai is a hot place, the deodorant won’t always be solid at room temperature. The coconut oil and shea butter naturally soften and/or melt in higher heats. Since it’s always hot and humid here, the mixture will be somewhat mushy within an hour. However, that doesn’t mean it can’t be used. Its consistency will be similar to body butter, which is much easier for application.
- If you are sensitive to baking soda or essential oils, try using significantly less than the amounts above. You can also try the recipe without either ingredient. It is best to do a test patch before applying to make sure you aren’t sensitive to any of the ingredients. When applying the deodorant you only need a very small amount for each armpit and a rice grain-sized deodorant to put on your wrists.
- Now feel the fresh natural Smell and give your views.