Pomegrante is locally called â€œAnarâ€ and is a native fruit of Afghanistan, Iran, northern India and Pakistan. Usually Pomegranate is easily available during winter season in Karachi it is easily available from your nearest market in just Rs. 110/kg to 150/kg (02-11-2011). Â Mostly people are enjoy with Pomegranate or its juice as a refreshment Â and it Â is also used in different recipes for improving the taste such as cake, Prawns with Pomegranate and many more. Pomegranate is not only a delicious fruit but it also has high nutritional values and several health benefits.Â The famous proverb â€œAIK ANAR 100 BIMARâ€
- As pomegranates are rich in antioxidants, it can keep bad cholesterol (LDL) from oxidizing and hence prevents atherosclerosis.
- Regular intake of pomegranate juice is highly valuable for people suffering from heart disorders.
- It has been noted that pomegranate avoids clumping of blood platelets and also formation of unnecessary clots.
- It is also has been discovered that pomegranate compounds canÂ eliminateÂ prostate cancerÂ and thereby slows down its growth.
- It has been observed that juice of pomegranateÂ aidsÂ inÂ preventing heart attacksÂ and strokes too.
- Pomegranate juice is very useful for people suffering from diarrhea, but excess consumption may cause constipation.
- It is believed that pomegranate is very useful in reducing plaque in arteries and raising HDL levels.
- It is also helpful for reducingÂ blood pressure levelsÂ and also enhances oral health.
- It is helpful for preventing cartilage deterioration and hence, keeps osteoarthritis at bay.
- Researchers have demonstrated that maternal intake of pomegranate juice can protect the neonatal brain from the hurt after an injury.
So why not enjoy the natural taste of pomegranates by using as juice or as ingredients in different foods for the happy & healthy life.